Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 67 - mercredi


6 avril 2011
            After breakfast I studied for an hour, packed my lunch, and left for school about 10:40 a.m. so that I could use the Internet there for a few hours. About 15 minutes before class started, my sister Maria called. She was up because the baby had woken up crying. It was nice to visit with her for a few minutes.
            At the end of the school day, Ngozi, a young woman from the States who will be studying at McGill University (Montreal) in the fall, asked if anyone wanted to go out for a glass of wine instead of watching the soccer match. I was happy to join her. We chatted until 7:45 p.m. 
Then I walked to a movie theater to buy a ticket for Saturday’s Metropolitan Opera performance of Le Comte Ory by Rossini. When I first arrived in Nice, I had searched the Met’s website to see if the transmission of the live opera was anywhere nearby without success. This week Mariette brought a leaflet with the entire season laid out that is showing at the local theaters. I was delighted! At the theater, however, I was told that I could only buy a ticket online, so that is a task for tomorrow. Earlier in the day, Fang Xu told me that she had gotten her tickets online, but I did not understand if she had purchased three tickets for this show, which would include one for me, or tickets for three different shows because it cost less per ticket this way. I will have to inquire.
It was not yet dark when I arrived home, but I was tired. After supper and watching a violent French drama where someone is shot every 5 – 10 minutes, I headed to bed about 9:30. Tomorrow (Thursday) I plan to be online after supper if anyone is looking for me.
Wishing you a good rest, Dear Reader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment