Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Days 74 -76 mercredi, jeudi, et vendredi


13, 14, 15 avril 2011
            On Wednesday I still was not at my peak because of my cold, but this was the last day for feeling under the weather. On Thursday, Michele has the beginning of it all. On Friday she woke up with a fever and chills. Of course this makes me feel guilty, but I was trying very hard not to spread the germs. I did try! Hopefully Michele will feel much better in a few days.
            The days are cool, and the sun is playing “peek-a-boo” most of the hours. The rainy season will soon be upon the area. Marie, my teacher, says that it usually rains all during the Cannes Film Festival. I’m sorry to miss this event – I would definitely go if I were here! The hype has already begun for it.
            This week we learned another way to speak in the past tense, equal to saying “I would have done [something]”, to express regret.
            Wednesday afternoon and evening I spent time with Vesna. She is feeling much better. We had tea, went to Mass, and then she made carbonara pasta. I showed her how to use Skype and Google Maps. I made it home by 10:45 p.m.
            Thursday was a common day, nothing special. As I look across my room, I know that I will need to tend to the table this weekend. Packing won’t be difficult, but deciding what to give away and what throw away is the biggest challenge.
            Today, Friday, I will meet with Vesna for Mass at 6 p.m. again today. This afternoon I was able to call via Skype to my brother Matt’s family and my parents. I learned today from Hiromitsu Aso (Japanese) that McDonald’s has free Internet, so I might try that this Sunday afternoon.
            Tomorrow, Saturday, I am going to Monaco to see the Oceanographic Museum. This is a trip planned by the school, so it will give me a chance to meet a few new people and speak French all the day – exhausting. However, everyone says if I did not get to Monaco I would be missing something unique to the area. Voila, I am going.
            May you have a good weekend, Dear Reader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment