Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 23 - lundi

School pictures - click here21 fevrier 2011
Today marks the beginning of the fourth week in Nice. It was a beautiful day with a clear blue sky. It was warm enough to sit outside for lunch. Class began early in the day. There was a good energy in the classroom today.
Each class we listen to one or two dialogues and need to determine what we have heard and what it is about. This has been very tricky. Today, the first one went fairly well for me, so I was patting myself on the back. Then came the second dialogue, and I had to admit that I understood very little of what was being discussed. Humility is a virtue, and helps one get past the awkward moments.
After classes, I stayed at school to complete our assigned exercises with Elisabeth. She left to catch the train to Antibes. I finished up and decided to walk to the Chretien librairie, i.e. Christian bookstore, around the corner. It wasn’t open today, but I will return another day to look around. The other bookstore near the Church may be more specifically Catholic - I’m not sure. Tomorrow it is supposed to be raining again, so that trek will be scheduled for another day.
When the bookstore was not open, I decided to go to the papeterie, the office goods store. It is quite close to the school. It is very modest compared to Staples, but you know, it had everything I was searching for: BIC mechanical pencils (sold individually), a notebook for class, and a smaller one for my purse. They also had un perforateur – a hole punch. I’ve been looking for one in order to organize all the worksheets I get in the classes. In France and around Europe, as I understand, four (or two) holes are the standard. Hence, this device makes 4 holes. It will stay in France with Michele when I leave.
For such a lovely day, there is not much else to report. Have a good night, Dear Reader.  

No comments:

Post a Comment