Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 26 - jeudi


24 fevrier 2011
I felt a lot of energy for the day as I headed to school. Last evening I found two helpful websites with rules for French grammar and some practice quizzes, too. Even on these sites I am very much a “beginner.” Ce n’est pas probleme. It is an exciting learning experience.
Class was a comfortable challenge today. I am enjoying more writing out our dialogues/sketches. Mariette was very affirming of my written efforts in French to describe yesterday’s visit to the Chagall museum. Every little bit of praise boosts my confidence to speak. The fourth week is nearly over; I have 8 more weeks to go. It is hard to imagine speaking with any of the facility the advanced students have, but  somehow, little by little, it does get easier.
I met a new student today, Fang Xu (Isabelle) from China. She is a singer, too. I hope that we will find each other several times a week. She knows a little English, but speaks French fairly clearly, so that will be our first language of choice.
This evening, thirty of the students got together to celebrate Claudia’s twentieth birthday and to say farewell to four students. We went to La Pizza restaurant on Rue de la France – about a 20-minute walk from school. We had the upstairs room nearly to ourselves for the evening. The pizza there is excellent.  Everyone had a good time.
I’ve just gotten in at 10:50 p.m., so this entry will be brief.
Good night, Dear Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment