Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 9 - lundi


Today’s schedule was different at school so I was able to sleep in (again – wow, what if I get used to this?). After breakfast, I reviewed vocabulary so that I would be prepared for the day.
After packing a light lunch, I headed to school about 11:45. I spent the lunch break reading email and trying to find out if the Steelers or the Packers won. Now that I am in France, Google goes French, too. That means French “hits” are put first. There may be a way to change this, but it is interesting even if it is frustrating.
There are new students at school today. The first course of the day was the “intensif,” which is all about pronunciation and listening for vocabulary. There was some juggling that needed to go on since the new arrivals were at many different levels. Only one person really belonged with us beginners.
When that was over, we had a break until the regular course continued. We met another “new” teacher, Eric. I think he spoke 5 words of English the entire time. Good for him; better for us!  I think he believes that I know more than I do because I can pronounce the words pretty well already. I’m sure he will figure it out shortly. The class went until 6:10 PM. That meant that the building was locked tightly and I was walking home in the near dark, but there are still plenty of people on the streets at that hour. This schedule will continue for the rest of the week. Next week, I hope we are back to the regular schedule. 

1 comment: