Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 28 – samedi


26 fevrier 2011
Today I planned a quiet day to study. I’m not sure that I accomplished a lot, but it was quite nice to stay home. My only outing was to Monoprix, a large grocery store – on Jean Mèdecin Boulevard.
The sun never really came out, but there were brighter and darker moments. The walk to the store was pleasant. I’ve been listening to Maria Callas – so beautiful – sing French and Italian arias.
Once at the store, I took the escalator up to the second floor. Here one finds clothing, and office and school supplies. I found a coloring book and birthday card for Nate who turns 5 soon. I couldn’t find an envelope big enough to send it in, but I think that might be at the Post Office.
The ground level of Monoprix has a large section of fresh meats, fruits and vegetables, and cheese. It has a bakery, too. I found what I was looking for – no peanut butter – I think I will not look anymore. The fruits and vegetables were pretty expensive, so on the way back I stopped at a corner market to get those items.  His produce was fresh and reasonably priced – half that of Monoprix. I noticed he even had eggs. Since this is just two blocks from school, I will likely stop here again soon.
When I returned to the apartment, Michele was just on her way out to visit her friend Corinne who has a newborn baby boy. This gave me a chance to Skype people just getting out of bed in Iowa. It also gave me a chance to find some French practice sites.
This evening I checked email and sent a letter to some contacts in Paris. That trip must be planned soon. The weeks go by so quickly at school where I am doing well enough to be promoted up a step. I’m looking forward to this, as it will give me more opportunities to practice speaking and learn from others who have been in the learning process a little longer than myself.
It’s always good to hear from you, Dear Reader. Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment