Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 38 - mardi


8 mars 2011
            Since school was in the afternoon, I did a load of laundry. I need to do another, but that will wait until Thursday. It takes the little machine over an hour to wash one load and spin it dry. It was a nice day, so there is a good chance that the blouses and pants will be nearly dry by the time I come home. While it was working, I was working, too, on my French.
            After class, I walked over to Notre Dame. There was a demonstration for International Women’s Rights Day. A small group of bystanders participated in singing songs and chanting. The leaders were dressed in various costumes representing women’s affairs – even one man in drag.
            Not much else to report. Tomorrow is an early day, again, for morning class. In the afternoon, I will accompany Fang Xu, another student who wants to study at the conservatory here in Nice, to visit the conservatory. Both of us are looking for a place to practice.
            I hope you had a great Mardi Gras celebration, Dear Reader.  

No comments:

Post a Comment