Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 54 - jeudi


24 mars 2011
            At school today, Alexandre showed a typical French movie, a romantic comedy, called Hors de prix. It is set in the hotels of Monaco, with one scene in Nice. It gave us a chance to use the vocabulary of likes and dislikes, and to describe our favorite movies and actors. Now, I like movies, but I don’t see very many. I did find out that I’m the only one who likes Star Trek (i.e. science fiction) and that three of us like Tom Hanks.
            During the morning break, I had the pleasure of speaking with Paul from Sweden. Paul is new to our class. He’s an anesthetist and is taking this language course because his wife likes to practice her French and visit France. She is in a group called the French Ladies that meets regularly. Paul wants to learn more French in order to do more than just make commercial exchanges in the shops.  He seems to be enjoying the experience and will stay at least two weeks.
            After the Intensive course, I found Radovan on the garden steps. I was hoping to connect with Marina since she is leaving tomorrow, but she wasn’t around. Radovan took my phone number so that he might call me later. I’d like to say good-bye to Marina, but her boyfriend is coming in this evening. Ah, well, c’est la vie.
            When I got home, I put in another load of laundry. The clothes will likely not dry overnight, it was really wet when it came out of the machine, but I need some of it for my trip. It may be a bit damp when I pack it. Now, I must go consider more thoroughly what needs to go into the bag.
            For supper I ate lots of leftovers. Then I heard from Radovan and Marina. So at 8:00 I went to the school residence. We had a great gathering for an hour and a half to send off Kate and Marina.
            That’s all for now, Dear Reader. I hope to check in again on Sunday evening. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment