Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 47 - jeudi


17 mars 2011             Happy St. Patrick’s Day
            This morning the sun came out and it warmed up nicely. Because I had to do a load of laundry, I was most happy. Tomorrow it is to get up to 17º C (i.e. 62º F). Everyone seemed more awake and positive at school today. Yeah (!) for the sun. St. Patrick's Day is nothing special here, but one of the students remembered that it was a day that I usually do celebrate. And I wore green.
            There is really nothing extraordinary about today, except that, after another week, I find that I’ve gained another level of facility in being able to read more easily the articles in newspapers and magazines. The speaking is slightly better, too. I’m also practicing reading aloud with fewer stops to correct myself. My new concentration is on pronunciation. Michele and I discussed this a bit yesterday. As an Iowan-American, my vowels are quite wide to the French ear. To speak French with less of an accent, I need to close them much, much more!
            Mom’s surgery is today. As I write this, she is with the doctor and nurses. As it is already 9:20 p.m. in France, I cannot give a report today, but I will tell you more tomorrow. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
            Wishing you good health, Dear Reader.

1 comment:

  1. Bonjour Ladonna,
    Hope you are celebrating le saint de Patric even though je pense que tu est l'heritage de germans??
    Say, what is happening with votre maman? I see she is having surgery?
    Quel est arrive?
    MaryJo

    ReplyDelete