Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 53 - mercredi


23 mars 2011
            Today was another lovely blue-sky day, but it had quite a chilly edge to the breeze. Anyone watching the news in France is very aware that the radiation cloud from Japan has finally reached us.
            The trees in Michele’s garden were scheduled for their triennial trimming today. Suffice it to say that it was a very shady garden yesterday with lots of privacy. Today it is a sunny garden. The mimosa tree had a nest in it with baby birds. Michele asked the neighbors to put it in their tree, which they did happily. Hopefully the mother bird will find her brood.
            After classes today I let the teachers know that I would not be in class on Friday since I am traveling to Paris for the weekend. They were both delighted with oohs and ahhs. Of course I will be obligated to relate the whole experience in past tense when I return to class on Monday, so I best make the most of it.
A note to you, Dear Reader: I will not be taking my computer to Paris – it’s too heavy to lug around and I don’t want to “lose” it. My constant companion will be missed, but it’s not worth the risk and frustration. This means that there will be a few blank days up coming. But never fear, I will certainly fill you in after I return from the capitol city.  [humming] “I love Paris in the springtime…”
This afternoon I did the mandatory laundry in preparation for the trip. Michele is lending me a small carry-on bag in which everything MUST fit. I’ve learned to travel quite lightly and comfortably, so this will be perfect. She’s also given me a book with all the arrondisements and streets of Paris. Along with the info that Louise K. gave earlier, I am set to find my way across the city.
That’s all for today, Dear Reader. Love to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment