Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 30 - lundi


28 fevrier 2011
            Today the weather was cool, on and off wet and windy, and a long day at school. I arrived at school about 10 AM because Fatima wanted me to look over her personnel statement for a university application. She did not come then, so I thought maybe it was 10:30. When she was not yet there at 11:30, I messaged her on Facebook. She came downstairs about 11:50. “Were you waiting?” “Well, yes, I was.” Oh, boy. I wasn’t upset because I used the time to study and read email, but I am finding that plans are “easy come –easy go” with this generation.
            There were a number of new students doing placement tests today. In the intensive course, there were three more people than last week. Two of them have been with me in the standard course.
My standard course was all new people (including myself) except for two. The group seemed serious and was able to get right to business. All but myself and Elisabeth have had the –IR verbs, so this means that I need to learn about them for homework. Mariette keeps things moving. She is always willing to explain, but I will ask only when I’m really lost - because I have to do it in French.
Michele was watching a movie on la télévision tonight that used lots of words and phrases that I recognized. If I had been able to focus on the content, I might even have enjoyed it – it seemed to be similar to the Angela Landsbury series - serious about crime, but with lots of visual spoofs.
The day has been long enough, Dear Reader. Dors bien! (Sleep well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment